Hockey year in Canada...

Tuesday, April 29, 2008
cue the "Hockey Night in Canada" theme....

Well that was a weekend. I had a ice hockey tourney Fri, Sat, Sun, then ball hockey practise on Sun afternoon. Can we say OVERKILL?

We didn't fare well in the tourney, only winning the final game of three, which meant that at least we didn't finish last. It was a close game too. And I swear the ref was blind... at least a landlubber - literally as the tourney had this priate theme where the refs were dressed up as pirates and instead of yelling "YAY" it was changed to "YARRR!"

So ice hockey season came to an end and within 6 h ball hockey season began with a practise. I won't groan too much about it as it's mostly the same ppl I play ice hockey with, so everyone was tired. Which do I enjoy the most? It's a toss, but I like being on the ice. In ball hockey, you play either on cement or rubberized field. So sliding/gliding is limited to make sweeping saves. Not that I'm a pro in those style of saves... it's just easier to lunge your body across an area on ice. The other pro about playing on ice with 20kg of equipment on... ice is COOL... muggy rubber arenas are not. I sweat BUCKETS under the equipment in ball hockey. So it means major water treatment during and after the game. I'm not the idea person to hug after a game.

Our first game is tonight. Hopefully my team will be committed in attendance this season. It's hard to hold the line with 6 runners and yourself standing in front of the firing squad.

Tally ho!

0 comments:

Post a Comment