Sex and The Crease

Thursday, October 2, 2008
Funny thing happened to me... again.

I was telling a few friends of mine that I was happy to be back in the crease, and suddenly the conversation went sexual. For some apparent reason some men find a female goalie sexy. I'm not sure why, especially considering that you're not dressed in lingerie and smelling like roses. If you've never suited up as an ice hockey goalie, it's like padding yourself with an extra 40-60 lbs of foam and still be "agile". Maybe that's part of the point... you can show off your flexibility in spite of the equipment. Or maybe it's like a steamy package waiting to be unwrapped.

But whatever the reason, sex and goaltending seems to go puck in glove. I have had the interesting experience of being courted right after a practise. Apparently watching and the thought of pucks slamming against my goal jill got him all giddy. It was a definitely the best "cool-down" session I've ever had after a practise. I thought it was an isolated incident, but here again talking about protecting the crease got other men aroused.

It's not just me... it's apparently in the culture. For example, in recent jabs at the American 2008 VP-hopeful Sarah Palin, Conan O'Brien couldn't resist a joke about her being a hockey mom and her pregnant teenage daughter. "It's not known what positions her children play," Conan said, "but one of them's not good at protecting the crease."

So ladies, if lingerie isn't working for you in the bedroom, go to your local sport store and opt for goal equipment. At the very least, invest in a sexy goalie jill strap. Believe me, it's far more comfortable than a teddy thong.

0 comments:

Post a Comment