Great debate...

Sunday, April 5, 2009
To the lab or NOT to the lab. That is always the question I ask myself these days. In theory I'm supposed to be done experiments and JUST writing. However my dear old advisor has other plans for me. For some reason I just CAN'T write and do expts at the same time. I find writing at the lab distracting and not much lab work gets done. So with me it's either one thing or another. Oh I can multi-task expts... just writing isn't one of those tasks.

Eh, I forgot my mouse at the lab, so that probably means I'll go in eventually.
Edit: I went to WalMart and just bought a new mouse. Wheeee!

Onto "normal" things. Update with owning a Wii Fit. It's going quite well actually. I've been working myself up to spending 35 min of workout time (not real time) on the machine everyday. I'm enjoying myself. There's lots of variation and so far some muscles are getting sore which indicates that it's working. No loss of weight, yet. I think it'll be a few weeks before any change will be noted. I'm aiming 3 months to decrease my BMI by 8 points. So stay tune for updates.

I've been enjoying Twittering. It's kinda neat to hear updates from people throughout the day. Kinda makes even famous people seem "normal". For example I'm following one of my favourite groups Collective Soul. It's interesting hearing their day to day updates on the road. I own all their albums and have seen them perform over a dozen times. I just love their music, it speaks my feelings so clearly at times that it's scary. Dean Roland asked on Twitter what was my fave song. Seriously I can't give just one. I've got two self-burned CD compilations of my faves. So you'll hear about my CS faves time to time. Today, I'll start off with the ballad that hits home the most: Needs.

There are a few reasons why "Needs" is special to me. The biggest one is there a repetitive chorus throughout the song "I don't need nobody". Which at face value, means, well... I don't need anyone. I lived most of my life as an outsider, fiercely independent, swearing not to need anyone. But "I don't need nobody", it's a subtle double negative. All this time swearing off people, you realize that you've been crying out for somebody. I think that's why there's a break in the song, almost a realization. And the chorus changes to "You're all that I need." Kinda a self-discovery song in which those are always the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment