Someone's watching me...

Monday, April 13, 2009
So that was a first Easter for me. I had two dinner invites but in the end turned them down because I caught the writing bug over the weekend. It's a rare thing, when you are actually productive writing a thesis. So please forgive me those who invited me for yummy cooked ham or turkey, but I felt that it would be better if I just wrote. Come May I'll appear on your doorsteps with a fork in hand. Promise!

So yes, I've been writing... hoohah. These things take so bloodly long to write and revise. Somedays I wake up with 10 pages on my screen and by the time I shut down the laptop, there's only 8 pages that remain.

But as I write this, I must note that it's happening yet again! I swear that the creator of Ph.D. comics has a camera in my lab and home to record the nuisances of my grad life. I'd be writing a manuscript and BOOM, the comic script story arc is on manuscript writing and revisions:



Or there's insane construction around my building... BOOM!!!


Or my grad life in general:




Jorge hits it on the nail every single time. It's frightening that it's so correct, but also comforting knowing that I'm not alone in this.

Of recent story, one of the main characters has decided to start writing her thesis:



It's true... crtl-c, followed by crtl-p. Most of the reports/manuscripts I've written over the past 6 years count as thesis material since I wrote it to begin with. It's just a matter of shifting through all these reports, editing, revising, to make it sound continuous. Sounds easy right? Well, hitting the crtl-c/p is. Trying to make sense of it all... THAT'S the tricky part.

Finally, I'll post one of my faves of Jorge's. It's an older one, but since I think I'm being watched anyways, this makes the most sense.

0 comments:

Post a Comment