Tick tick tick tick...

Thursday, April 30, 2009
So another chapter belted out, still I have two left to write in 7 days. I'm staring at the Hitchhiker's logo and motto in the previous post and trying to obey. Ugh, I know it's my own fault for procrastinating writing. But truth be told, I've never finished any paper/essay/thesis with ample time due. I work better under pressure (morely because I have no choice).

Swine flu this, swine flu that. I've already talked to you about why a pandemic makes sense. But now I'll talk to you about the ridiculous over-the-top coverage of the media. As always the media is making things much worse than it really is. It enjoys to cling onto something negative and beat the hell out of it. Times that I remember where all you saw on the TV was: the Challenger explosion, OJ trial, Iraq invasion (part one), Princess Di's death, 9/11 events, and now the swine flu. Noticed that almost all of these have a major American component? Coincidence right?

Anyways my trusty editorial comics proves the point. Click on comic 15 and 16 (I can't post these pics since they ARE copyrighted). So yeah, common influenza kills almost 1/2 a million annually. Do you hear THAT on the news? Of course not. Because it's "boooooring". The flip side of this outbreak, it gives the media people something to do rather than report on Britney Spears recent weight gain...

Okay, the thesis doomsday clock continues to tick, so I'm going to head back to another coffee shop and type away. In my ear... I'm a fan of Blue October, especially their "X Amount of Words". This is a good song to cruise to or mosh pit dance (ahhh, those were the days), good beat with a slow hypnotic rap.

0 comments:

Post a Comment