Catty Remarks...

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

So sitting in my lab tonight, but instead of plotting new fabulous experiments, I'm making a lengthy list of topics for Something Sciencey Sunday. This is mostly do to a challenge by Char that SSS will soon get old and become non-existent. And although I am often predictable for dear ol' Char, I am on a mission of making SSS a weekly event. Although I'm brainstorming a list of topics, I am taking requests from the readers. So if you have something on your mind about science, about BEING a scientist, or anything closely related to science, just email me or leave a comment below. Of note, Char already called "explosions", so it's already on the list.

ANYWAYS (snicker), I haven't chatted about my cat for awhile and recently I found this quiz:

Is your cat plotting to kill you?

I wasn't really surprised about this as my cat is constantly STARING at me either while I sleep, while I eat, while I'm on the loo, while I watch TV, while I dance, while I sing, etc... I sincerely doubt that this fascination is due my exciting life. The best criminal minds first monitor their victims habitual lifestyle. Seeing that this observation stage is going into year 6, I can see that "human must die" conclusion is drawing near. To back up my suspicions, there is a ritual though that my cat and I undergo each morning which results in personal discomfort. Nothing explains it better than Simon's Cat "wake up".

No, my cat hasn't mastered the art of swinging a baseball bat with reason being that I don't own one (although there's a nice supply of hockey sticks over in the corner...). However my cat does paw at my face constantly, knead into my body wherever, and when all things fail to get me up, she jumps on my head repeatedly (this cat being 16 lbs!) until I relent and go feed her. So Char, if I ever stop posting on this blog - it's not because I've run out of SSS ideas but rather the fact that my cat implemented her final analysis of the human she cohabits with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment