Think of me...

Sunday, June 21, 2009
Mucho happening with me outside of work. It's a nice change, I think I'm going to enjoy being a non-student! Ball hockey has been good this week, we've managed to pull ourselves into the mid-standings rather than being at the bottom of the list. So happy campers there.

I did something totally weird today - I went swimming. Waaaay back in my tender years I used to swim professionally, being part of a city swim team. But at that same time,the docs speculated that the swimming was causing my hearing loss and I was forced to stop. Since then, I didn't swim much. Not that I don't enjoy swimming, I sincerely missed the feeling of pushing water with my palms and floating. But as for social swimming, I wasn't the best one to be with. Especially with those Marco Polo games. It was always one-sided:

MARCO!

(silence)

I said, MARCO!!!!!

(more silence)

HUUULLLOOOO? MARCO!!!!!!!

You get the picture...

So, swimming is often done alone and it's just for exercise sake. It felt good, I think I'll try to put in a morning or two every week. It's a nice change up from kick boxing that I'm doing with the Wii.

Other things, tonight I was treated to an evening of Andrew Lloyd Webber. The local arts theater put on a production of several faves from Andy. We heard a cast of 30 or so sing the big ones from Cats, Evita, JC Superstar, and Phantom. For the most part, it was a good mix of songs and the folks put on a great show. My only quipped, they rushed through my fave Phantom song too quickly. "Think of Me" is a slow memorable tempo, but eh... I'm just remembering it from when I saw Phantom 15 years ago. If you ever have the chance to see any of Andy's productions, treat yourself to a show. A little culture never hurts anyone.

For something sciencey Sunday... just a picture today folks. Here's what we do with freezer frost after defrosting the -20oC freezers. Who says scientists can't be creative?

0 comments:

Post a Comment