Me and my camera...

Tuesday, January 12, 2010
By now you know that my #1 hobby is being a hockey goalie. If you don't, you haven't been reading this blog much haven't you? I do love hockey, but it always amazes me that my personal/work life rarely overlaps with my hockey life. None of my close friends play hockey. In fact, come to think of it, I'm probably the only person in my close friends circle that actively plays a team sport. I could go off and analyze this til' I'm blue in the face but it's obviously not a dealbreaker. I just became more aware of this fact when my mom visited me a few months ago for my PhD convocation and attended two of my games. It's nice to have someone on the other side of the rink cheering you on. Maybe this should go on my "future-mate" list somewhere: item 9 = must like hockey.

Speaking of hobbies, there's another one of mine: photography. I really really want to take some courses to learn how to get cool pictures. Of course this will involve the investment of an awesome Leica or Cannon camera. So it's on my list. As mentioned above, my mom visited me a few months ago and we headed out to Jasper/Banff for a few days. I brought my camera along:








Yeah, nothing groundbreaking. I think I do have an eye for the interesting scene. It's just the matter of being able to have the skills to capture it. Something I shall work on.

Music wise today: Edwyn Collins peeps with his classic "A girl like you." I'm outta here!

0 comments:

Post a Comment