Oh snap!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Last week was an interview for a possible post-doc position. The research is awesome! Just the timing is crappy. I'm not giving up the ghost with this lab as of yet, and play the wait n' see game. In the meantime, sending off more emails to more labs for more possible positions. So nothing fruitful so far in the job hunt. But the trip to the city was a fruitful one on a personal note. I got to visit three set of friends in 36h. If anything was successful it was the laughs over the table chats.

Hockey wise, I had my first injury of the season. There was a scuffle in the cease which resulted in a pile of women on top of each other, with me at the bottom. The picture here isn't from the night, but it's a close approximation. Most times this is alright, providing that everyone lays pancake-wise. But this time, an opponent's elbow dove right onto my spine and I swear I heard a "crack". We did end up winning the match, however afterwards I did required a few chiro appointments, a bottle of muscle relaxants, and 8 days of no hockey. This meant 4 games I was sidelined. But all the recoup did me some good as I can play pain free (knock on wood).

In other nuances... I started to play with Wii again. I'm slow on gaming consoles and current hot games. Me, I'm just happy playing Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess, which came out 4 years ago (Yeah, I'm THAT slow). It's a good game being the level of slash n' dash is equally balanced with logic n' puzzles to solve. I haven't found a game that brings back memories like Super Mario Bros 3. Man, I played that game morning, noon, n' night. A lot of my childhood was spent/wasted learning jump sequences and the gaming soundtracks are embedded in my head for eternity.

Speaking of music, a lil' Moby with his "Honey" classic. I rewatched the video for this one, it's how I feel these days, just wandering around trying to figure out where my life is going.

Laterz!

0 comments:

Post a Comment