Julia & me

Saturday, February 6, 2010
It's been a whirlwind of health issues for the past few weeks. Last blog was about my first hockey injury. My back was put back into place within a week, only to be just the prelude of a series of "unfortunate" adventures which included a mild concussion and an unrelenting stomach bug.

But today I'm feeling back to my normal crazy-self. Working this weekend to make up for lost sick days (which currently I have none - something that I'm thinking about changing). But tonight while doing the ritual laundry dance I found myself renting a few movies to pass the time. One of which is "Julie & Julia". My interest of the film was primarily of watching Meryl impress me once again with her acting talent. A critically acclaimed performance and deservingly so. The 2nd reason is that I do remember watching a flutterly woman discuss the finer points of baking during my childhood (thanks PBS!). I didn't understand much of what was going, other than Julia Child was litterly off-her-rocker. Please don't misunderstand, that isn't an insult. It is a sincere compliment. Because I think I have a bit of Julia in me - especially when teaching science. I think next time I teach a class, I shall wear a pearl necklace in homage. Thanks Julia.


Music... I have been busy with music again of late due to a recital. However that will be a topic for a future blog. Tonight, a lil' more of Tracy Chapman's bright, "Sing for You". I often think about her concert I saw last summer, she performed this song with a lil' intro that she was curious of how Cdns would sing the chorus. Apparently there are different takes of how people pronounce "Do, do-do, do-do-do, do".

0 comments:

Post a Comment