A rare feeling...

Thursday, April 23, 2009
So another day, another interview. This one was for the lab tech of a first year interdisciplinary undergraduate course. I wasn't aware that this course is brand spanking new, so they are definitely in search for someone creative. This comes rare to me, but I'm feeling good about the interview. I personally knew one of the interviewers and that kinda set me at ease right away. I felt that it wasn't an interview, but rather a conversation about this potential job. So I think I have a decent shot at getting it. The only concern is that there's someone else in the interview pool that is of higher caliber than myself. Someone with more lab tech experience, more creativity. I can't control that and besides, if they do get the job, they are better suited for it than me. So whatever may be, shall be.

One funny ancedote I'll share about the interview. They were talking about the extra hours that this job would involve. One "concern" was that there would be a field trip that "would require me working the entire weekend as well". I smiled and said, "Okay, let me get this straight, I get a weekend in Jasper, spend some time outdoors in the mountains, have room n board, get PAID for it, plus get to do some science in the meantime. This is suppose to be something bad?"

They laughed with me. I hear next week the result. Keep your fingers crossed.

Elsewhere, hockey weekend fast approaching: 3 days, at least 4 games, possibly 5. That and writing on the side. I think my Wii Fit will gather a lil dust this weekend. On that note, I'm still enjoying Wii Fit. Weight loss? Not much, but 5 lbs is 5 lbs. I do at least 30 minutes of exercise everyday (except days when I have hockey). When I land a job and can afford a gym again, I'll alternate more. Just doing all Wii Fit can get boring despite the 40 some activities. Another thing I wish is that the boxing segments are longer. 10 minutes isn't much for cardio boxing. I'd like to do 20 - 30 minutes. But overall, I enjoy the Wii Fit. It is a good program to monitor your progress.


Music... hmmm, I'm in an upbeat mood which means Collective Soul is helping me celebrate. Here's a recent one, "Hollywood". I love the piano set and beat to this bright tune. Enjoy folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment